- Smuts were known as lemons
- Yaoi Warnings ( Don’t Like, Don’t Read! )
- Character x Character instead of Character/Character
- Every Time We Touch videos, and the forgotten Listen To Your Heart videos
- Numa Numa
- Naruto Phase
- Bring Me To Life amv’s
- citrus and lime warnings
- when fanfiction.net still allowed porn
- when fanfiction.net still allowed original writing before the great fictionpress split
- when livejournal was invite-only
- cardcaptors a mystic adventure
- aim roleplay
- when everyone had their own little fansites on geocities, angelfire, and tripod
- character-bashing fic and anti-shrines
- fanfic MSTing
- save our sailors
- the word “bishies”
- AOL message boards
- tinny background MIDIs on every page
- "this page coded with notepad" and netscape buttons
- "this page best viewed at 800x600"
- "under construction" pages
- yahoo mailing lists
- fansubs only available on the subber’s IRC channel
- fansubs only available if you send $30 for a VHS tape
- no official release whatsoever for Japanese media
- fanworks, especially fic, of Western media, especially print media, considered illegal and met with C&Ds
- the gap between Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix
- The Sentinel/Highlander/X-Files crossovers
- "this is part of the [fandom/ship/etc] webring"
- printing fics out because it feels more permanent
Having to wait until late at night to get your fandom on because that’s the only time your parents wouldn’t give you grief for tying up the phone line.
- The signatures with pictures and moving gifs in every post on the forums.
i feel like this is what would happen if pokemon gym leaders were real
How to spot a fake geek guy:
- says robin is useless
- says aquaman is useless
- worships batman bc batman is invincible
- doesn’t “understand” superman because he’s not relatable or interesting
- makes “hero vs hero” posts
- probably smells like axe
Kristen Geary reading the tales of H.P. Lovecraft and thinking “Like, one time, Cthulhu gets out and apparently it’s this whole thing. Fucking whatever.”
if you aren’t listening to the protomen
why the fuck not?
they have a love song
its about beards
"Frozen is a Disney classic"
I can actually agree with this, b/c it did get really old really fast.
You picked the wrong side, agent.
Depends on where you’re standing.
#no joke probably my favorite scene from this movie#that unnamed launch tech has no way to protect himself - this is runlow this is strike#he has no idea if he can depend on the people //around// him to protect him#but he still says no i’m not gonna do that#and he’s scared he’s so scared they all are#but shield isn’t some faceless shadowy organization (or //just// that)#shield is these people - these techs - these agents - sharon#they believe in something greater - not loyalty to captain america but to the ideal that he represents#a better world - the work they were doing (thought they were doing - //were// doing) despite hydra#and they’re gonna keep doing that - fighting for what is right standing up for what is right#and that starts right here with this one simple gigantic refusal#he stands up to the biggest toughest guy the one who could kill him easily and says no (silvertons)
When he said “Captain’s orders” I started to cry
DM (to our half-elf rogue): You’re now cursed. Whenever you step into the moonlight, you turn into a giant lobster.
Wizard: See, I told you not to go grabbing random magic items but no— Nobody ever listens to me.
It wasn’t a rogue
It was a ROGUE LOBSTER